Spanish Mountain Gold is actively advancing the project through the environmental assessment/permitting process and simultaneously adding value through resource expansion and property scale exploration programs. The 2021 Pre-Feasibility Study delineated the project’s multi million-ounce mineral reserve and demonstrated its potential to become a mining operation with a robust production profile and profitability over a mine life of 14 years.
At Spanish Mountain Gold, we strive to seek solutions to lower carbon intensity, green house gas emissions, and footprint, while focusing on behaviour-based health and safety systems towards zero harm.
We value diversity, our team works collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We are currently hiring for:
Vice President, Exploration
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reporting to the CEO, responsible for the overall management and direction of the mineral exploration programs of the Company. Design and execute exploration programs that are on time and budget to advance the project. Lead the exploration team using best industry practices, incorporating latest technology in the execution of exploration programs to discover and expand the gold resource.
Increase understanding of geological controls to gold mineralization and apply this knowledge to resource modelling of the Spanish Mountain gold deposit. Provide due diligence reviews of potential Merger and Acquisition targets.
Lead all geology and mineral exploration activities, acting as technical advisor to the CEO and the Board.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- University degree in Geology with strong financial skills and understanding.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Strong and varied experience (large to small company) with 20 years in the industry and significant exposure to the gold sector.
- Experience exploring for orogenic gold deposits highly regarded.
- Familiarity with mineral resource and reserve modelling.
- Experience working in BC regulatory environment including exploration permitting.
- Site safety oversight experience an asset with proven ability to lead with behaviour-based health and safety systems towards zero harm.
- Strong understanding of NI 43-101 standards of disclosure for mineral projects and previous experience acting as Qualified Person.
- Actively seek solutions to lower carbon intensity, green house gas emissions, and footprint.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to update stakeholders, investors and financial community.
- Demonstrated strong technical and operations leadership ability with business acumen, and a demonstrated track record of meeting short and long-term goals through effective business planning capabilities.
- Capable of integrating technology and innovation in the workplace.
- Ability to work a significant portion of the time at site.
- Recognized team player that leads by example, builds collaborative relationships and strives for excellence.
- A dynamic, self-motivated individual, with a demonstrated determination to excel and commitment to action, able to transfer these attributes to the Company’s business activities.
Competitive compensation and an attractive benefit package will be provided.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume, with a cover letter referencing this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are welcome until June 16, 2023.
Spanish Mountain Gold appreciates all candidates’ interest.
Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.